Varieta Ingredient: Whole Peeled Italian Tomatoes
World Cuisine: Italian
Level of difficulty: 3
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 3 cups canned whole peeled Italian Varieta tomatoes with their juice
- Your favorite pasta (350oz)
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion
- 1 ¼ teaspoons of salt
- Coarsely chop the tomatoes
- Trim both ends of the onion; peel it and cut it in half lengthwise.
- Mix the tomatoes, onion, butter, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Lower the heat as soon as the tomatoes begin to bubble. Cook until the tomatoes are no longer watery and the sauce has reduced, about 45 minutes, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Bring water to a boil, add pasta and a pinch of salt
- The sauce is done when the butter has separated from the tomatoes and there is no remaining liquid.
- Mix pasta and sauce
- Add ⅓ cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
7. Enjoy and share with friends @varietafoods #easywithvarieta.