RECIPE 1: Most Perfect and Easiest Hummus.
Varieta Ingredient: Chickpeas
World Cuisine: Mediterranean
Level of difficulty: 2
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 (15-ounce) Varieta chickpeas
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice, 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) well-stirred tahini
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 to 3 tablespoons (30 to 45 ml) water
- Paprika to taste
- Salt to taste
Committed to Transparency
- Combine the tahini and lemon juice in a food processor for 1 minute. Stop, scrape the sides, and process 30 more seconds. Extra time will get the tahini creamier!
- Add the olive oil, cumin, garlic and ½ teaspoon of salt. Process for 30 seconds, stop, repeat.
- Open the chickpeas, drain and rinse. Add half of the can to the food processor, blend for 1 minute and add the other half. Scrape sides and process until smooth.
- It is common that the hummus will still have pieces of chickpeas or you to find it thick. For this, just add 2-3 tablespoons of water until you reach your desired consistency.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and decor with paprika
- Enjoy! Share at @varietafood #easywithvarieta.