Varieta Ingredient: Roasted Red Peppers
World Cuisine: Mediterranean
Level of difficulty: 2
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can Varieta Roasted Red Peppers, cut julienne strips
- 3 tablespoons of fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Whipped cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- 12 ounces fresh baguettes
- Remove outer skin from the garlic bulb, without separating the cloves. Brush with 1 tsp olive oil. Wrap in foil. Bake at 425°F 30-35 minutes, until soft. Let it cool. Cut off the top of the garlic bulb, squeeze garlic out and chop finely.
- Combine basil, parsley, lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining olive oil.
- Add Varieta Roasted Red Peppers and garlic; mix well.
- Cut bread in 16 slices about 1/2 inch thick; broil until toasted slightly.
- Spread toast with cream cheese and top with pepper mixture, decorate with fresh leaves.
- Enjoy and share with friends @varietafoods #easywithvariet.